Reliable Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Procedures
At SoCal Breathe Free Sinus & Allergy Centers in Burbank, CA and San Diego, CA, we understand the profound impact that chronic sinus issues can have on your daily life. Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to providing exceptional endoscopic sinus surgery services that offer a transformative solution for long-lasting relief. Using state-of-the-art techniques and advanced technology, we precisely target and address the underlying causes of sinusitis. Don’t wait any longer to experience the joy of unrestricted breathing. Schedule your appointment today and embark on a journey to breathe freely.
What Is Endoscopic Sinus Surgery?
Endoscopic sinus surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat various sinus conditions. It involves the use of an endoscope, which is a thin, flexible tube with a camera and light at its tip, to visualize and access the sinus cavities. During the surgery, the surgeon inserts the endoscope through the nostrils to examine and remove any blockages, such as nasal polyps, inflamed tissue, or abnormal growths in the sinuses. The procedure aims to improve sinus drainage, reduce inflammation, and alleviate symptoms associated with chronic sinusitis or other sinus-related conditions.
When Is Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Needed?
Endoscopic sinus surgery may be recommended when other non-surgical treatments have failed to provide relief or manage the symptoms of chronic sinusitis or other sinus-related conditions. It is typically considered when there is a persistent and significant blockage in the sinus passages, leading to recurring infections, difficulty breathing, facial pain or pressure, and impaired sense of smell. The surgery can also be necessary for nasal polyp removal, to address structural abnormalities in the sinuses, or to address complications such as fungal sinusitis or mucoceles.
Benefits of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Endoscopic sinus surgery offers several advantages for individuals suffering from chronic sinusitis or other sinus-related conditions. Some of the key benefits include:
- Improved Sinus Drainage – The surgery aims to restore proper sinus drainage by removing blockages, such as nasal polyps, inflamed tissue, or obstructions, allowing for better airflow and the elimination of trapped mucus.
- Alleviation of Symptoms – Endoscopic sinus surgery can provide relief from symptoms associated with chronic sinusitis, including facial pain, pressure, congestion, headaches, and reduced sense of smell. By addressing the underlying causes, the surgery helps alleviate these bothersome symptoms.
- Minimally Invasive Approach – Compared to traditional open sinus surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery is minimally invasive, as it is performed entirely through the nostrils. This results in smaller incisions, less tissue disruption, reduced scarring, and generally faster endoscopic sinus surgery recovery
- Customized Treatment – The surgery is tailored to each individual’s specific condition, allowing the surgeon to target and address the precise areas of concern. This personalized approach enhances the effectiveness of the procedure.
- Long-Term Results – Endoscopic sinus surgery can provide long-lasting results for many patients. By improving sinus drainage and reducing inflammation, the surgery helps minimize the recurrence of sinus infections and related symptoms.
Expectations During and After Surgery
During endoscopic sinus surgery, a slender tube called an endoscope is carefully inserted into the nasal passage, enabling our experienced team to have a clear view inside the sinuses. Alongside the endoscope, specialized surgical instruments are inserted to remove any obstructions such as bone or other materials that may be blocking the sinus openings. Additionally, we can eliminate mucous membrane growths known as polyps. In certain cases, a laser or a rotating burr may be utilized to address tissue blockages. This surgical procedure can be performed either at a hospital or an outpatient surgery center, and it may involve either local or general anesthesia. The duration of the procedure typically ranges from 30 to 90 minutes. Following the surgery, it is common to experience minor discomfort and bleeding during the first two weeks. Regular visits may be required for approximately three weeks after the surgery to remove dried blood and mucus, ensuring proper healing and recovery.
Get Your Sinuses Treated at SoCal
SoCal Breathe Free Sinus & Allergy Centers offers allergy testing services to the residents of Burbank, CA, San Diego, CA, and the nearby regions. That’s why our dedicated team of specialists is committed to providing exceptional endoscopic sinus surgery services that bring long-lasting relief. Through state-of-the-art techniques and advanced technology, we address the underlying causes of sinusitis, restoring proper sinus function and enabling you to breathe freely. Don’t let sinus problems limit your quality of life. Take the next step towards lasting relief and schedule an appointment today.